Braces are commonly used to straighten misaligned teeth. This orthodontic treatment is usually recommended during childhood or early adolescence, but adults can also get dental braces to treat malocclusion.
Although this orthodontic treatment is time-consuming, uncomfortable, and expensive for some people, dental braces have a high success rate. Moreover, braces also offer oral health benefits and improve your smile’s appearance.
But if you want to know more about this orthodontic treatment and dental braces cost in Australia, keep reading to find out!
What are Dental Braces?
Dental braces, a.k.a. orthodontic braces, are orthodontic devices that are used to straighten your teeth and correct malocclusion. Patients with underbites and overbites, crooked teeth, and overcrowding of teeth benefit from dental braces. Dental braces improve the appearance of your smile and face and make dental care more effective.
Signs you may need dental braces:
- Biting or cutting your tongue frequently
- Visibly crooked or crowded teeth
- Difficulty brushing around or flossing between crooked teeth
- Jaws making noises or clicking while chewing
- Finding it difficult to produce certain sounds
- Upper and lower teeth don’t close over each other properly when the mouth is closed
- Stress on your jaws after chewing food
Reasons to Get Dental Braces
You might decide to get dental braces due to one of the following reasons:
- Improved Functionality: The most common reason people get dental braces is to improve the functionality and alignment of their upper and lower teeth. Your upper & lower back teeth come together as you chew and swallow. When the front teeth are overly inclined forward, it might cause problems such as acquired tongue pushing or mouth breathing. Treatment of malocclusions at an early age can help enhance oral functions.
- Better Appearance: Braces can also help make you look better. Several dental malocclusions may affect your appearance. If your teeth are crowded or forward-inclined upper front teeth, you can use dental braces to correct the issue.
- Enhanced Overall Dental Health: Braces can also help improve overall dental health. Crowded or improperly aligned teeth are more difficult to clean, which results in cavities and periodontal issues. It is possible to align the teeth with dental braces, enhancing oral health.
Cost of Dental Braces
In Australia, dental braces cost starts from $5,000 in Australia. However, the following three factors may increase or decrease the overall cost of your treatment.
- Severity of Misalignment
Costs may vary based on the extent of the misalignment and what is necessary in your specific case. The approaches that are more effective for you might be costly.
- Time Needed
You might expect your braces to start working immediately, but that will probably take a while. The braces won’t likely start working and can’t be taken off or removed for several months to a year or longer. In most cases, dental braces cost also depends on the time needed for the treatment. But it differs for each patient.
- Dental Care Related to Braces
Sometimes patients need oral care, either before or after getting braces. It might increase the entire cost of the orthodontic treatment, whether it be tooth extraction, implantation, or another procedure.
Other factors that affect the dental braces cost:
- Where you live
- Type of dental braces
- Skill and experience of your orthodontist
- How well do you take care of your dental braces
It’s best to start this orthodontic treatment early to avoid more extensive and costlier problems in the future. Also, ensure you get dental insurance covering the dental braces cost.
Orthodontic Treatment in Bendigo, VIC, Australia
At Integrated Smiles, we have a team of highly skilled dentists and orthodontics who offer the best orthodontic treatments, including dental braces, in Bendigo, VIC, Australia.
Call us today and schedule your appointment.